Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fairy Story

Once upon a time in a land far away there was a magical fairy that could make anyone's wishes come true. Everyday it sat up in its fairy tree waiting for people or creatures to come and and tell her their wishes. One day she was sitting, and got a little bored, so she got up and decided to go for a fly through the woods. She hadn't gone very far when she met an elk.

"Hello, elk!" she said.

"Oh well hello there Ms. Fairy! Fancy seeing you today. Ah, I had a wish."

"Oh? And what was that?"

"Ah, I wish that I could fly. I dunno. Maybe trade my antlers in for a pair of wings. Like yours, miss!"

"Well I sure could do that!" So the fairy worked her magic and the elk's antlers were changed into wings. "It'll take some getting used to," she said, "but I'm sure you can catch right on!"

The elk did, and from then on was seen flying through the woods by the wings on his head. Sure, it was a bit strange seeing his body hanging from his head, but he was comfortable and went on to live a successful elk life. He was also able to escape people who wanted the velvet off his antlers because instead of antlers he had wings. The end.

1 comment: