Monday, June 20, 2011

Idea! i.e. Stories. Namely, the Magical Mushroom

I know what I can post. The random stories I think of sometimes. So today I will entertain you with a brilliant story of complications and plot twists. Or just a story about a magical mushroom. That sounds good.

Once upon a time (I always love to start stories with "Once upon a time") there lived a magical mushroom. It was as skilled in magic as a magical mushroom could be. It knew all the tricks, all the secret ways that are those of mushroom magic. One day it was hopping along (it was not rooted to the ground because of its magic) when it came across a toad. "Halloa, toad!" said the magical mushroom, as it saluted (magical mushrooms have arms, in case you didn't know). However, the toad was not magical and did not have the gift of speech. The magical mushroom, whose name happened to be Francis, decided to work some magic. Francis rubbed its hands together and uttered secret magical words, and put a spell on the frog so it could speak.

"Croak. Herm. Heh. Oh, my! Ribbit. Cough. What is this?" said the toad.

"I have performed magic upon you," responded Francis, "that you might speak!"

"Well a whole deal of good that has done! What have I to say? Other than I could really use some good flies right now?"

"I was hoping to have a conversation with you, my dear toad."

"Well deary me. Again, I have to ask, What have I to say?"

"Well, I don't suppose I know. Just thought there were many words bottled up inside of you that needed to be said."

"Nope. I'm fine. Good day, Mr. Francis the magical mushroom."

"But..."

"I said good day."

So Francis the magical mushroom hopped away, and the now speaking toad ate some flies and was happy. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment